- 03-Jul-2013 to 01-Sep-2013 (PST)
- Prunecare- Field/ RTC
- Minnetonka, MN, USA
- Full Time
Rainbow Tree Companies, the leader in reliable, comprehensive tree and plant care services provides tree and plant health care, pest, and lawn care expertise to commercial and private property owners. In addition, we engage in research and develop tools and protocols for arborist practitioners and the tree care industry. We are the largest residential tree care and pruning company in the Twin Cities. Dedicated to scientifically proven methods, we are continually educating ourselves in order to provide the most effective solutions for our clients. Our expertise and experience has enabled us to deliver the most professional and innovative tree care available.
The equipment Operator is responsible for operating equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Equipment may include trucks, front-end loaders, and other pieces of equipment. The equipment Operator must also clean, maintaining and secure all equipment as directed by legislation, policies and procedures.
• Work with general foreman and foreman to arrange most cost effective methods and routes for product processing, utilization and disposal
• Responsible for all facets of operation of log loader, maintenance of loader and truck, safety, efficiency and quality
Perform daily safety and maintenance checks
Censure equipment is safely and securely stored
Advise foreman of any requirements for maintenance or repairs (repairing basic equipment)
Practice workplace safety
• Devise and implement a plan of work that is efficient and minimizes site damage
• Ensure cleanup is complete and up to company standards
• Provide professional and courteous customer service to clients while in the field
• Be responsible for the proper and timely completion of all paperwork, and for the time reporting of one's self on multiple sites
• Drive company vehicles, including those with manual transmission, ensuring that pre-driving checks (oil etc.) have been completed for crew equipment
• Complete daily vehicle inspection at the end of each work day, noting and deficiencies and informing supervisor and fleet maintenance of the defects
• Knowledgeable about the daily maintenance and safe operations of all equipment commonly used in tree care including chainsaws, swingers, and brush chippers
• Understanding of the particular hazards of working with storm damaged trees and effecting removals using heavy equipment such as cranes
• Knowledge of daily tree care operations both on the ground and aloft
• Understanding of proper chainsaw cuts and wood movement
• Knowledge of ropes, knots, chains and cables
• Work at all times with a high regard for the safety of self and others, following all necessary safety procedures and using required safety equipment
• Assume full responsibility for safety and productivity within working radius of loader
• Report to the general foreman on training and safety needs or any other issue regarding the well-being of crew members
• Make a thorough assessment of the work-site for any hazards before work begins
• Take overall responsibility for the condition and safe operation of equipment and vehicles on a daily basis and report any damage
• Take overall responsibility for the security of equipment and report all losses
• Protect clients' property, and be courteous and helpful at all times; in the event of damage notify general foreman and leave a note for the client
• Understanding of electrical hazards, appropriate operating procedures when in proximity to electrical conductors, and how to deal with an emergency involving electricity.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
• Education and Work Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent, 2-4 years in the field and operating equipment
• Specialized Knowledge and Skills: Knowledgeable on ISA Certification, OSHA Safety Regulations Ability to organize and prioritize and multitask, Able to estimate time and material to be loaded and to work with high degree of autonomy. Mechanical aptitude. Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with a diverse population. Good spatial sense. Mechanical aptitude. Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with a diverse population
• Equipment and Applications: Class A Driver's License with air brake endorsement
Other Certifications: CPR and First Aid certification, EHAP certification
SPECIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: Must be able to pull one's own body weight, climb trees, perform work at high altitudes, lifting/twisting/pulling/carrying 70lbs or more several times per hour, must be able to hear verbal instructions from a distance. The noise level is high, due to being very near to loud tools and machinery.
• Work environment: Outdoors on varied terrain in all weather conditions, working on the ground and at high altitudes.
Rainbow Tree Company offers a competitive compensation package including medical and dental benefits, 401K, ESOP, life insurance, short and long-term disability, flexible spending account, vacation and holiday pay, casual atmosphere, on-site workout room, and more.
No agencies or recruiters
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings